Sunday, 17 May 2009

White or black smoke?

Angels and Demons was indeed awesome! Even though nearly 30% of the book was missing in the movie, I still think that the film crew did an amazing job condensing a relatively thick book in to 2 and half hours, so that the audience managed to get the gist of it.

But of course, I strongly recommend people who found this movie good to go read the book, as there were many interesting details that were left out, and some parts were changed, for example:

(spoilers following...scroll down if you don't wanna read)

In the movie, the last Cardinal (Cardinal Baggia) managed to survive..but in the book, he was supposed to die also.




This movie also has a very close place in my heart since I am a Roman Catholic, and it is interesting to see many of our rituals being shown in the movie, the symbolism and meaning behind many events such as the death of a Pope, Conclave, Cardinals and Priests running all over the place...it felt just all so familar to me.

But however I did find that certain parts of the movie were not accurate. Such as the term "Preferetti" This was just meant for plot purposes, and it is non-existent in Conclave. (Checked with a priest years back when I read the book). Other doubts such as "Election by Adoration" remains to be clarified..

Overall, I think it is a damn bloody good movie to catch, and I seriously boo the stupid critic who gave 2.5/5 for this show...



then again, to each his own taste. Trust only your own. ;)


And, of course, not forgetting the fact that Man United fans all over the world are celebrating their win of the EPL, totalling their title collection to 18 wins, which is currently on par with Liverpool's.

Though I hate to admit it, I must say Sir Alex Ferguson is a good manager for being able to bring out the potential in his team, to go all out to grab that league, and in his own words as seen in Today Weekend newspaper, :"Knock Liverpool off their fucking perch"

On the other hand, I must also give credit to the Kop for making such a comeback and finishing 2nd. We lost only 2 games, but drew too many...which cost us the title..

However, we have come closer to Man U than ever before for the last 2 decades, and I am sure we can produce miracles hopefully at the next season, under the leadership of Rafa Benitez, we may make it 19 league titles...YNWA.

No comments: